Sunday, July 17, 2011

Knotted Tie Necklace

I inherited a lot of ties from my grandfather a few years ago and I made a large purse out of most of them but there are still some stragglers that could use a good upcycle. I stumbledupon this awesome link to make a necklace out of ties. The lady on this original uses discounted beads from Micheal's to make her necklaces, but after stocking overpriced beads at Hancock Fabrics for the last week I knew I didn't want to spend that much on beads so my other ideas were to use rolled paper beads and the glass rocks that people use in vases as bead substitutes. Here is what I came up with.  

This whole sack of rocks cost $1 at Dollar Tree, you can find them almost anywhere, but places like Target and Walmart will rip you off and charge like $3 or $5 for them. If you are like me and refuse to be conned, don't pay more than $1

Back View



front

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...